The CARE Team is a multidisciplinary group of professional staff from key areas of the Institute. Each member brings knowledge and expertise in fields including mental health, crisis intervention, student development, staff consultation, campus security, academic support, and residential life. The CARE Team also collaborates with many other entities across campus including athletics, Title IX, Center for Diversity, Student Faculty Programs, International Student Programs, and the academic divisions.
The CARE Team connects students with resources and support. Through early identification of academic difficulties, social concerns, behavioral disruptions, or health issues, the CARE Team can partner with students to create individualized plans to help mitigate crises and promote success.
CARE Team Goals
- Educate the Caltech community about how to recognize signs that someone might be in distress, and how to promote respectful and safe behavior within classrooms and in residential communities
- Manage CARE Referrals and provide a "one-stop-shop" for campus constituents who may be concerned about a student or other community member
- Identify the best course of action, follow up with the referring party, and take an integrated and balanced approach to addressing challenging situations
- Balance the needs of the community with the individual rights and responsibilities of individual community members
- Respond to situations or persons that may represent a threat or safety concern to an individual or the community at large